UNB Libraries Project Preservation
For nearly two decades, UNB Libraries has partnered with researchers at UNB and beyond to develop innovative projects in digital scholarship. Although not intended as a permanent archive, this space provides access to selected projects that were developed at UNB Libraries but are no longer being actively updated or maintained.
Each project has been captured as a dated 'snapshot', after which no further changes have been made. While every effort has been made to preserve access to content, not all functionality is preserved: external links, forms, and search may not work as expected.
Questions or comments on individual projects can be addressed to the project contact. For more information about project preservation, please contact James MacKenzie (Director of Scholarly Technologies).
Current Projects Within Preservation
- Atlantic Canada Portal
- Web archive date: Dec. 5, 2014
- The Atlantic Canada Portal was in active development from 2002-2010 as a collaborative effort between the University of New Brunswick's Electronic Text Centre (now the Centre for Digital Scholarship) and Dr. Marg Conrad (Canada Research Chair in Atlantic Canada Studies) to promote the study of Canada's Atlantic provinces. Content includes an extensive bibliography and six virtual archives of primary source material.
- Atlantic Canada Virtual Archives (ACVA) sites include:
- Project Contact: Dr. Elizabeth Mancke
- Conferences/Workshops hosted by UNB Libraries
- Web archive date: various
- Over the years, UNB Libraries has hosted and co-hosted a number of significant conferences. This archive attempts to capture conferences since 2004 which had a web presence.
- Project Contact: Jeff Carter
- Serials Ecosystem Conference (September 25-26, 2004)
- APLA 2006 (May 25-28, 2006)
- CaSTA 2006 (October 11-14, 2006)
- Canadian Learning Commons Conference 3 (June 8-10, 2008)
- WILU 2013 (May 8-10, 2013)
- ACRL Scholarly Communication: From Understanding to Engagement (May 9, 2014)
- Access 2016 (October 4-7, 2016) ("Past Conferences" information)
- APLA 2018 (June 6-9, 2018)
- UNB LIbraries Mobile
- Web archive date: August 17, 2018
UNB Libraries released two versions of its mobile website over 3 years. The first version, not captured in this archive, launched in July of 2010.
A second more robust version (represented here), with authentication and customizable features such as a default library, hours and contacts, catalogue searching, tracking for borrowed items and fines and personalized Course Reserves was released in May 2011. The mobile site ran in parallel to main UNB Libraries website.
In the spring of 2013, with responsive websites supplanting the need for a mobile-specific site, the decision was made to decommission m.lib.unb.ca.
- Project Contact: Jeff Carter
- QWERTY Archives: 1996-2014
- Web archive date: Dec. 6, 2017
- QWERTY is a national literary journal, developed and operated entirely by graduate students of UNB's English Department. Although primarily a print publication in its first 20 years, QWERTY published online selected content (including original poetry, fiction, art, interviews and reviews), as well as cover art and tables of contents, through partnership with UNB Libraries' Centre for Digital Scholarship from 1996 to 2014. In 2016 (Issue 35), QWERTY moved to an online-only publication format: for current issues, visit https://www.qwertyunb.com/
- Project Contact: Centre for Digital Scholarship